The standing seam metal roof has become one of the ideal metal roofing types in the current time 100mchavezdreyfussreuters. The roofing system has a series of metal panels seamed mechanically or locked at the seams. While conventional metal roof panels are fastened using fasteners, they are hidden in standing seam metal roofs. You can easily install them on your current roof when going for roof replacement.
If you are thinking of standing seam roof replacement, here are a few things to know:
1. The painted finish on the panels of the metal roof
Usually, a painted finish is done to the standing seam metal roof to secure them from external factors. You should know of the damage caused to this layer on the panel because of scratches, as it exposes the metal to humidity and can cause rusting. This is why it is essential to take proper precautionary steps to secure the painted finish of the metal roof.
2. The accessories to be included when going for standing seam roofing installation
A standing seam roof includes these parts:
- Ridge capping: the trim used at the connecting point of two roof slopes.
- Z-bar: the Z-shaped metal flashing
- Clips: hidden fasteners that connect every panel tightly to the roof’s deck.
- Metal panels: the primary ingredient of a standing seam.
- Underlayment: the material used for additional safety of the roof decking
- Lock strips: they lock the metal panel to the edges of the roof and prevent them from eroding during storms.
- Roof decking: the wooden board which works as the structure of the roof
You should also get new replacements installed when replacing your roof.
3. The procedure of standing seam roof installation
Knowing how a new standing seam metal roof is installed is essential.
- All the needed roofing materials are brought to the site
- The old roofing is removed to the decking level.
- The new standing seam panels, along with roofing equipment, are installed.
After the installation, the contractor cleans the area and checks the new standing seam metal roof installed to ensure there is no compromise on quality.
4. Life of your new standing seam roof installed
If your standing seam metal roof has been rightly installed and is maintained as directed, it will last for a minimum of 20-30 years. However, factors like weather conditions make a significant impact on the lifespan of the roof. But under normal conditions, your roof can last up to 30 years. This is one reason a standing seam metal roof is chosen, as it is one of the most durable roofing options.
These are some basic things you should know about standing seam metal roofs. You can get the services of a reliable standing seam roof supplier when replacing your roof. AMT Roofing is your one-stop solution to get your standing seam metal roof installed at your residential, commercial, or industrial properties at the best price without compromising on quality. So, without hesitation, contact them now and get a free inspection and quote.